Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Salomon Center




Today we went to the Salomon center to surf and fly. The Salomon Center is full of really cool simulated things to do, we decided to surf their FlowRider and mom & Grant went into the I-Fly to skydive (check out the videos!) We started out surfing, there was only our family and two other awesome guys. We put on our bathing suits and learned how to do it. It was best to start on a boogie board and then get surfing, a couple people went first and then it was my turn. My first time I let go and wiped out, the second time I started to surf without the rope.  I was going for about 10 seconds then I fell on purpose.The first time my dad, mom, Grant and Jack gave it a try they all fell too. Finally my turn to surf, after a few attempts we got the hang of it. You get an option to hang on to start with a rope and then let go, or just start out freestyle. I chose to hold on to the rope and moved into the water with the board under me.  After an hour of surfing and jumping in the water we got dressed and headed to the IFLY to see Grant and Mom skydive. Great day of fun, wish I could go back!  Hank

1 comment:

  1. Hey Hank, awesome day, thanks for capturing it so well. How do they do that, looks like NASA stuff?

    ReplyDelete