Saturday, January 7, 2012

Back To School

Yesterday I had the pleasure of officially teaching my first course in American politics. I planned for hours on how I would attack my lecture on the difference between a primary election and a state caucus. My visual aids were set and all of my students had three ring binders and mechanical pencils... I began by asking a question to see how my class had been prepped for this topic. Before I finished the sentence my student to the right (Grant) asked if he could "go see the nurse?"  Ah...the beauty of teaching your own boys!!  After a few direct threats, we were off to a lively discussion. Hank summed up the entire hour by simply stating that our election system was "just like an epsiode of Survivor" and Jack was annoyed that you could actually win delegates without getting the most votes. Success!
Jay

1 comment:

  1. Jay the prof, very impressive. Did the kids want more info on Ron Paul? Glad you are having a good experience in the Rockies.

    ReplyDelete