Monday, April 16, 2012

Antolini's visit Santa Fe!



 Last Wednesday my friend Luca came to visit us with his family. On the first full day we rented bikes and went mountain biking. There were a lot of steep hills which made it hard to bike for a long time and keep up with everyone. After the trail, we biked around town. While we were biking back to their hotel, I had a pretty big accident. My bike went into a ditch and when I got out of the ditch my bike started to wobble, then my bike flipped and I flew off and got a ton of road burns all over my body. After I got all cleaned up, we went swimming and it felt a lot better.  We ate Mexican food almost everyday. New Mexico is known for amazing tacos, burritos and enchiladas. Every Saturday we go to the farmers market for breakfast, this week we took Luca and his family. At the farmers market, people sell small doughnuts, burritos and a lot of locally grown vegatables from gardens... I usually get a doughnut and a sausage burrito. We sat outside listening to music and watching people crowd the railyard selling things while we have our breakfast. We had a blast with the Antolini's and had a bunch of adventures. We played hoops at the park, swam in the pool, went to museums and had a sleep over at our house. Each night for dinner, we would usually cook at home and use chili peppers. If we'd go out to dinner, we'd mostly get Mexican food. My favorite restaurant is called The Tune-Up. They sell these really cool t-shirts, we took the Antolini's there. The first time I went there I was with my cousin and I orderd an enchilada with a caesar salad on the side. I have never really had one, so when the dinner came I really liked it. It was fun having friends from home visit us, we head to the Mesa Verde and the Grand Canyon tomorrow.

Hank 




          biking with Luca and everyone on the trails

spinning the cubes 


playing hoops at the park
eating burritoes with the Antolini's at the Farmers Market

No comments:

Post a Comment