Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Memorable Mother's Day

The kids even wore their "church shirts" to breakfast in my honor.

Great kayak sculpture at one of the many town parks along the river.





Spent a great day on the festive Deschuttes River, where we went running, paddle boarding and enjoyed the gorgeous weather.  It was a nice not having the choice of a house project such as mulching the trees or planting spring flower pots...my desirable Mother's Day pastimes.  Instead I celebrated with a great brunch at my favorite place in Bend, an active afternoon outside, a gourmet Jay-cooked meal, and a kid's special dessert creation...all at our cute, little rental house.  The only thing missing was my Mom!!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family to spoil you on Mothers day. It sounded delightful. We are so blessed to have a loving family and Julie , your comment about having me with you was very special. You remain with me 24/7. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, only you could get the Sunday go meeting clothes on the crew. Sounds like a well deserved Mother's day celebration.The planting and mulching are overrated. Keep up the great travel spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mommy, i want to paddle board with you!...doggie paddle board, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Jack-

    Darth Vader called... He wants his helmet back!

    Oh wait, sorry... That's your hair?

    My bad.

    ReplyDelete