Monday, May 28, 2012

BECK in Bend!







In Bend, there is one major music venue in the town, which is an outdoor amphitheatre that sits next to the Deschutes river on a grass-covered hill. To kick off the music season, the first three days they hosted the Shins, Tenacious D and Beck. The first night we missed out on an awesome Shins concert, but the next night for Tenacious D ( Jack Black and Kyle Gass's comedic SpinalTap type band!) We watched from a bridge over the Deschutes for a while. I WOULD ADVISE KIDS UNDER 16 TO WEAR SOUND PROOF HEADPHONES AND WEAR SOMETHING TO BLOCK YOUR EYES WITH TOO! Before we head to every place on trip, I go online to check if there are any bands playing there and when I found out that Beck was playing, we immediately bought tickets. The reason we bought them is because he is my favorite band and my family all likes his music too! He was touring with his original band from the late 90's, so there was awesome energy! I'm sorry Uncle Scott, but Beck beat the MGMT concert by a little bit....What a show! They played all of his classics including: Loser, Where It's At and E-Pro. Another cool thing about the amphitheater, is that there are great food stands from local supporting restaurants that served awesome food. For those who don't know who Beck is, I STRONGLY encourage you to see him! Jack

3 comments:

  1. Jack - Glad you enjoyed Beck. Sounds awesome. When you get back, I have tickets for An Evening With Yanni Under The Stars at the same place we saw MGMT. Can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jack! i LOVE beck! especially when he sings, "i've got two turntables and a big, juicy bone"!!!....mmm, that makes me hungry. i'm gonna go beg for a treat. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack, I would bet Beck rivals a Frank Sinatra concert for a night well spent listening to the best music.

    ReplyDelete